About Philip Rees Photography
Welcome to the online archive of Welsh Freelance Photographer - Philip Rees
I am based in Swansea, South Wales.
Geographically - the general area I cover is South and Mid Wales, but I do travel further if requested.
I have over 20 years experience as a professional photographer and after studying photography at West Glamorgan Institute of Higher Education, I went on to work for a National News Agency.
The Agency supplied national newspapers and magazines on a daily basis and my work has been (and continues to be) published worldwide.
During my time there, I worked my way up to the title of Picture Editor and also won the Welsh Press Photographer of the Year award for my news, sport and public relations portfolio of work.
Since 2004, when I left the agency, I have been freelance and I take pride in supplying my customers with high quality creative images that fufil the brief in a personable manner.
I pretty much cover all areas of photography, but my specialities are - press, public relations, corporate, architecture and sport.
The work on this website is just a small portion of my body of work and mainly contains press, music and sports. I also have a large offline archive, so if you can't find what you are looking for here, then please get in touch.
For PR and corporate work, clients have access to a secure web gallery, from which they may download the shoot's high resolution images direct to their computer 24/7.
I am represented by a number of large image libraries and am also a member of the NUJ (National Union of Journalists).
I can be contacted on 07967 127902
Thank you for taking the time to view my website.
Phil Rees Photography
TERMS AND CONDITIONS [England & Wales]
1. DEFINITIONS - For the purpose of this agreement "the Agency" and "the Advertiser" shall where the context so admits include their respective assignees, sub-licensees and successors in title. In cases where the Photographer's client is a direct client (i.e. with no agency or intermediary), all references in this agreement to both "the Agency" and "the Advertiser" shall be interpreted as references to the Photographer's client. "Photographs" means all photographic material furnished by the Photographer, whether transparencies, negatives, prints or any other type of physical or electronic material.
2. COPYRIGHT - The entire copyright in the Photographs is retained by the Photographer at all times throughout the world.
3.OWNERSHIP OF MATERIALS - Title to all photographs remains the property of the photographer. When the licence to use the material has expired the Photographs must be returned to the Photographer in good condition within 30 days.
4. LICENCE - Unless agreed otherwise with "the Agency" - for commissioned work - the photographer grants "the Agency" a standard five year exclusive licence to use the said photographs for the purposes of press, public relations and marketing.
5. USE - The Licence to Use comes into effect from the date of payment of the relevant invoice(s). No use may be made of the Photographs before payment in full of the relevant invoice(s) without the Photographer's express permission. Any permission which may be given for prior use will automatically be revoked if full payment is not made by the due date or if the Agency is put into receivership or liquidation. The Licence only applies to the advertiser and product and its benefit shall not be assigned to any third party without the Photographer's permission. Accordingly, even where any form of 'all media' Licence is granted, the photographer's permission must be obtained before any use of the Photographs for other purposes eg use in relation to another product or sublicensing through a photolibrary. Permission to use the Photographs for purposes outside the terms of the Licence will normally be granted upon payment of a further fee, which must be mutually agreed (and paid infull) before such further use.Unless otherwise agreed in writing ,all further Licences in respect of the Photographs will be subject to these terms and conditions.
6. - EXCLUSIVITY The Agency and Advertiser will be authorised to publish the Photographs to the exclusion of all other persons including the Photographer. However, the Photographer retains the right in all cases to use the Photographs in any manner at any time and in any part of the world for the purposes of advertising or otherwise promoting his/her work. After the exclusivity period indicated in the Licence to Use the Photographer shall be entitled to use the Photographs for any purposes.
7. - CLIENT CONFIDENTIALITY The photographer will keep confidential and will not disclose to any third parties or make use of material or information communicated to him/her in confidence for the purposes of the photography, save as may be reasonably necessary to enable the Photographer to carry out his obligations in relation to the commission.
8. - INDEMNITY The Photographer agrees to indemnify the Agency and the Advertiser against all expenses, damages, claims and legal costs arising out of any failure by the Photographer to obtain any clearances for which he/she was responsible in respect of third party copyright works, trade marks, designs or other intellectual property. The Photographer shall only be responsible for obtaining such clearances if this has been expressly agreed before the shoot. In all other cases the Agency shall be responsible for obtaining such clearances and will indemnify the Photographer against all expenses, damages, claims and legal costs arising out of any failure to obtain such clearances.
9. - PAYMENT Payment by the Agency will be expected for the commissioned work within 30 days of the issue of the relevant invoice. If the invoice is not paid, in full, within 30 days The Photographer reserves the right to charge interest at the rate prescribed by the Late Payment of Commercial Debt (Interest) Act 1998 from the date payment was due until the date payment is made.
10. - EXPENSES Where extra expenses or time are incurred by the Photographer as a result of alterations to the original brief by the Agency or the Advertiser, or otherwise at their request, the Agency shall give approval to and be liable to pay such extra expenses or fees at the Photographer's normal rate to the Photographer in addition to the expenses shown overleaf as having been agreed or estimated.
11. - REJECTION Unless a rejection fee has been agreed in advance, there is no right to reject on the basis of style or composition.
12. - CANCELLATION & POSTPONEMENT A booking is considered firm as from the date of confirmation and accordingly the Photographer will, at his/her discretion, charge a fee for cancellation or postponement.
13. - ELECTRONIC STORAGE Save for the purposes of reproduction for the licensed use(s), the Photographs may not be stored in any form of electronic medium without the written permission of the Photographer. Manipulation of the image or use of only a portion of the image may only take place with the permission of the Photographer.
14. - APPLICABLE LAW This agreement shall be governed by the laws of England & Wales
15. - VARIATION These Terms and Conditions shall not be varied except by agreement in writing.